Clothes dryer air vent fires are now the number 1 root cause of all home fires in the United States, surpassing chimney fires. Dryer vents are among those hidden, out of mind things that you can not manage to ignore.
When you recognize that the dust trap on a dryer (even a brand-new one), only removes or quits 80% of the dust – you can see the significance of cleansing your exhaust system annually.
Clothes dryer dust is very combustible and under the right problems can cause a clothes dryer fire, usually spreading with the air vent system which in turn spreads out the fire swiftly throughout your house.
As a dryer does it’s work, regarding 1/2 an extra pound of water is removed, dust is trapped by your dust trap, and air is compelled with your clothes dryer exhaust system.
Throughout time, this excess dust backs up in your dryer and also the exhaust or airing vent system. Air movement is limited, your dryer works harder and the electric motor gets too hot. With excess lint accumulation, your dryer is now a ripe candidate for a clothes dryer fire.
Dryer Safety and Examination Tips
- Ensure your lint catch has no rips as well as you cleanse it prior to each drying out cycle. If the dust is wet on your dust catch, it might imply that it is time to cleanse your clothes dryer vents. Likewise, the dust screen need to be gently scrubbed every week and washed with light meal cleaning soap.
- Visually check your outside vent hood on the side of your house when the dryer is operating. Are the flaps moving, can you feel any type of airflow? Otherwise, it is time to obtain your clothes dryer exhaust system cleaned as well as your clothes dryer evaluated.
- Examine around your clothes dryer for dust on the floor. This is a warning indication that your clothes dryer exhaust system needs to be cleaned.
- If your clothes are taking greater than one cycle to completely dry, this could be an indicator that your dryer exhaust system requires to be cleaned immediately.
- Never ever dry out any type of clothes or cloths that have been soaked with any kind of flammables. It can cause an explosive circumstance in your dryer.
Clothes Dryer Vent Cleansing Suggestions
There are some on-line products available that you can utilize to clean your vents such as brushes with rods that can be affixed to a high powered drill. The majority of these items are inferior and also do a less than adequate work for clothes dryer vent runs over 10′.
It is important for you to call a specialist when doing dryer air vent cleansing as a result of the different circumstances that can and also will certainly be encountered. Several of these problems are wrong air vent kinds, loose or detached vents, or vents with too many angles as well as bends.
A dryer air vent cleansing expert generally has different sorts of cleansing equipment depending on the situation. It is necessary for you to ask the clothes dryer air vent professional if they will do on site repair work or upgrades as about 50% of the tasks come across will certainly require something of this nature.
Clothes Dryer Air Vent Repairs
Some of the repair services that may be required might consist of: rerunning or transforming out the clothes dryer air vent exhaust duct work, adding or changing a vent hood that leaves the site of the structure, entering into the attic or crawl space to do fixings, cleansing from the top of the roof covering beginning with where the duct leaves towards the dryer, as well as also tearing into the wall or ceiling to repair a vent that has actually come loose.
If you aren’t an useful person that can do all the previously discussed repair things, leave it to a dryer vent professional.
Remember, to avoid clothes dryer air vent fires in your house, obtain your dryer exhaust system cleaned up annually.
If you live in a condominium complicated make certain your building manager recognizes the significance of dryer air vent upkeep. Apartment or condo owners must also make Dryer Vent Cleaning San Antonio in their devices a concern.